Who are we
Monoceros Biosystems is a rapidly growing bioinformatics consulting company that provides services to small and established drug discovery companies, as well as biotechnology investment firms. To support our explosive growth, we are looking for strong bioinformatics/computational biology programmers and scientists to join our team of seasoned drug hunters.
We are looking for a Bioinformatics Programer to join our Core bioinformatics team. The ideal candidate for this role has experience analyzing Next Generation Sequencing Data from various ‘omic types, and running/maintaining bioinformatic workflows. This role will help run, maintain and enhance a suite of bioinformatics workflows that support a wide range of analytical activities including the design and analysis of omics experiments, and discovery of novel drug targets and biomarkers (i.e. pharmacodynamics, mechanism of actions, and drug response). In addition to analyst support, this position will benefit from further training and mentoring from experienced industry veterans. This is an exceptional opportunity for a bright individual to learn about bioinformatics approaches applied to industrial research and to work on a broad variety of drug discovery projects with multiple modalities and therapeutic areas.
Background experience & complementary knowledge
- BS/MS in Computational biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics or related discipline
- 2-5 years Previous industry experience preferred
- Previous experience with NGS platforms required
- Fluency in Python and/or R, and linux/unix operating system is essential
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentations) required
- Good productivity, strong work ethic and ability to finish tasks on time are essential
- Experience with cloud computing (GCE or AWS) is strongly preferred
- Experience working with large datasets and relational databases is preferred
- Experience running/maintaining bioinformatic workflow management systems (nextflow, snakemake, cwl tool) is preferred
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive benefits including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k plan and potential yearly bonus contribution
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible working hours enable crafting your own work schedule
- Full time employees work a minimum of 30 hours per week
This position is located in San Diego, but exceptional candidates from other regions may also be considered.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Monoceros Biosystems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or genetic information.